Easy Mailbox Decal Application Guide
How to Apply Your Custom Mailbox Decals Like a Pro!
Transform your mailbox into a statement piece with our custom decals. Applying your new decal is simple and can be done in minutes. Just follow this step-by-step guide to ensure a smooth and bubble-free application.
What You’ll Need:
- Your Eastcoast Engraving custom mailbox decal
- A clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel
- A squeegee or a credit card
- A tape measure or ruler
- A level (optional for precision)
- Isopropyl alcohol or soapy water (for cleaning the surface)
Before You Start:
Ensure the temperature outside is above 50°F (10°C), as extreme cold or heat can affect the adhesion of the decal.
Step 1: Clean the Mailbox Surface
- Wipe down the mailbox with isopropyl alcohol or a mix of soapy water to remove any dirt or grime.
- Dry the surface thoroughly with a clean cloth.
Step 2: Position Your Decal
- Use a tape measure to find the center point of where you want your decal.
- Gently tape the decal in place at the top with a piece of masking tape, creating a 'hinge' that allows you to lift the decal without moving it from its aligned position.
Step 3: Apply the Decal
- Lift the decal along the 'hinge' and slowly peel away the backing paper from the corner at a 180-degree angle.
- While holding the decal away from the mailbox, use the squeegee or credit card to press down the decal from top to bottom, working from the center out to avoid air bubbles.
Step 4: Smooth Out the Decal
- Once the decal is in place, firmly rub over the entire decal with the squeegee or credit card, applying even pressure to adhere it properly and remove any trapped air bubbles.
- If you spot any bubbles, gently press them out towards the edges.
Step 5: Remove the Transfer Tape
- Carefully and slowly peel off the transfer tape at a 180-degree angle, ensuring the decal stays adhered to the mailbox.
- If any part of the decal lifts, lay the transfer tape back down, press firmly on that area, and try again.
Step 6: Admire Your Work!
- Stand back and admire your newly personalized mailbox. The decal should be straight, centered, and bubble-free.
- For larger decals, it can be helpful to have a second person to assist with the application.
- If your decal has multiple pieces, consider using a level to ensure each part is aligned properly.
- Bubbles: Small bubbles often work themselves out over time, but you can also gently puncture them with a pin and press the air out.
- Misalignment: If the decal isn't straight, you can carefully peel it off and reapply, provided you do so immediately after the initial application.
Care and Maintenance:
- Wait 24 hours before washing or waxing your mailbox.
- Your decal can withstand the elements, but avoid using harsh chemicals for cleaning the area around it.
Congratulations, you've just given your mailbox a custom makeover! If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us – we’re here to help!